Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pizza Tomato Sauce

Blended Pizza Sauce


This is my favourite Pizza Sauce recipe that I always use, I sometimes leave the remaining sauce in a jar in the fridge & I keep it for up to two weeks. I also sometimes use it as a Spaghetti sauce & It´s yummy!

Ingredients:





400 ml Tomato cubes in a can (or 200 ml tomato juice) (I prefer the cubes)
4 Garlic cloves (finely chopped)
1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
4 sticks fresh basil (finely chopped)
Salt & Thyme

Preparation:

In a pan over medium heat I add Olive Oil & Garlic & stir for a few moments till golden (not brown) then I add the tomatoes & salt & Thyme & leave to simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes till you have a thick Sauce . add the fresh Basil & leave to simmer for another 2 minutes then it´s done!

*You can leave your sauce with the Tomato pieces (The picture down) or you can purée (mash or blend) the Sauce in a food blender (The picture up)

The Sauce in the pan before blending

1 comment: